Warmer weather means that our Summer Celebration is right around the corner. It is hard to believe but this will be our 9th Annual Summer Celebration, that’s right 9 years!!
This all began back in 2008. We had been boxing up our oops (some might call them seconds) for quite a few years but really hadn’t found anything to do with them. What started as just a routine thing to do turned into a tractor-trailer load of oops and that was when we had to decide what to do. We had really nothing going on in the summer, no major holidays coming up so we decided to have a night of sales. We picked a Thursday night of all day, ordered a tent, set out the boxes and waited to see what happened. What we didn’t expect were the crowds of people that came out to buy and dig through our oops boxes and the cars that would line our parking lot and driveway.
Over the years since then, we have had to deal with torrential downpours, extreme heat and humidity, wind and the occasional beautiful summer nights. Each year, we have had to make adjustments for whatever Mother Nature threw our way. Over the last 8 years, we have been privileged to see families grow to now include children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews, classmates reunite after years of not seeing one another and girlfriends meeting up for a girl’s night out.
This year we are excited about our line up for the evening. We are actually changing the night we hold the event to Saturday, July 15th starting at 4:00 PM.
- We will be having a paint your own birdhouse workshop starting at 4:00 PM on a first come, first serve basis. We will provide all the gourds and supplies you will need, you just need to bring your own creativity.
- Don’t want to cook, no worries we will have you covered. We will have a food stand to start at 4:30 PM serving hot dogs, BBQ, Pasta Salad, macaroni and cheese, snacks and drinks.
- Molly Pitcher Brewing Company from Carlisle will be back again serving up their refreshing cold craft beers
- Hall’s Ice Cream provides us with their delicious ice cream, milkshakes, and sundaes for dessert starting at 4:00 PM.
- Our Oops tent will open promptly at 5:00! So bring your own bags to put your treasures in while you shop if you wish.
- We were also lucky enough to get Mid Life Crisis, an amazing local band that plays classic rock that will play from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride around our beautiful farm starting at 5:00 PM provided by Benchfield Farms, Newville. (There is a fee for this)
New this year will be holding a silent auction of one of a kind gourds along with other items that were donated by local businesses. The auction will begin at 4:00 and end at 7:30. All proceeds from this auction will go to benefit Speranza Animal Rescue in Mechanicsburg. Speranza Animal Rescue is a non-profit, 100% volunteer run rescue, rehabilitation center and sanctuary committed to saving the most abused and neglected animals with the goal of finding loving homes for as many of them as possible. Speranza is located on a 17.5-acre horse farm in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, which provides the perfect setting to offer time, patience and love to those animals needing a second chance. Speranza, which means “hope” in Italian, is an all-breed rescue focusing on Pit Bulls and other Bully Breeds.